What is a PDS – R+2 project

Understand the different types of projects in which you can invest in Mauritius as a foreigner and WITHOUT AGENCY FEES
invest new program mauritius island

To buy, a French or foreign taxpayer must invest under certain conditions and in real estate programs subject to strict regulations.

We are going to explain you in detail what are these shemas and what are the constraints to respect to become a homeowner in Mauritius.

There are 6 program schemes to buy in Mauritius: PDS, IRS, RES, HIS, R-2 and Smart City.

Westimmo works in partnership with all builders and promoters of Mauritius, we will guide you throughout your investment in new or resale programs and this NO AGENCY FEES

How to buy a house in MauritiusHow to buy a house in Mauritius
2022 is the most prosperous year for foreign and Mauritian investment. Finished, the crisis ends Covid, everything is back to normal since the reopening of borders to the international, since October 2021, the country observes a gradual return of foreign buyers on the whole territory. To further facilitate acquisition, the government has lowered the minimum amount to obtain a RESIDENCE PERMIT to $375,000.

Investments for rental yield are more and more requested, why let your money sleep in the bank? Why invest in France where the state will tax up to 60% of your income?

In Mauritius, once you have paid your 15%, the other 85% belong to you, and there is no property tax or housing tax.

PDS Program: Property Development Scheme

Established in 2016. In simple terms, the PDS programs include IRS and RES with no restrictions on land area and no minimum price as imposed by the latter.

To access a permanent residence permit, the value of the property purchased must be greater than or equal to $375,000
If you buy below this mottant, you will be the owner but you will not have a permanent permit

There are other ways to get it, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will explain you.

IRS Program: Integrated Resort Scheme

The first scheme introduced by the Mauritian government in 2002, it is still in force for goods built before 2016.

It concerns villas and apartments that were built on land greater than or equal to 10 hectares and whose summer value is necessarily equal to or greater than $ 500 000

It required a permanent resident’s permit.

RES Program: Real Estate Scheme

The second scheme put in place to allow the smaller project to see the day, it also concerns real estate before 2016.

Without a minimum purchase, it allows you to become a homeowner in Mauritius with or without a residence permit depending on the position of the investment.

R-2 Program: Rez-de-pavement – 2 floors

It must be part of a typical real estate complex: residence, building, comprising at least three levels (ground floor – 2 floors)

The land must be built in full ownership

With this investment scheme you can become a homeowner in Mauritius, you can buy a studio, apartment, penthouse from 6 000 000 Mur but which will not give you the status of resident

Smart City

Smart cities are often integrated into the improvement of an existing city as in Tamarin, Moka to name a few

This concerns villas, apartments, penthouses, loft, shops, offices that must be built on a plot of land greater than or equal to 10 hectares with certain mandatory developments, highlighting the ecology and social infrastructure.

Senior Residence

Several self-contained and/or medicalized senior residences are born in Mauritius, it allows you to obtain a resident’s permit for life

TO KNOW about permits to live in Mauritius

If you get the title of resident you can live year-round and enjoy the Mauritian tax, if not to come and live 6 months of the year and rent the time of your absence.

Only 15 taxes, which will create additional income that will not be subject to double taxation thanks to the Franco-Mauritian agreement.

How to rent “ONE” property in Mauritius

In terms of long term or short term rental foreigners are free, they can rent any property and without minimum price.

The lease should not exceed 4 years for residential property and 20 years for industrial or commercial property.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you are looking for a long-term rental in Mauritius

How to rent or sell “HIS” property in Mauritius

A foreigner can freely rent his property by renting it by himself or by entrusting it to a specialist like Maurice Invest to take care of it.

Revenues will be taxed in Mauritius and will depend on the Mauritian tax system of 15

If you wish to rent or sell your property, do not hesitate to contact us, we proceed to a free expertise.